Header
Eye, Newborough and Thorney parish churches

Thorney Abbey Organ

The current Hill & Son organ at Thorney Abbey dates back to 1858. Previously occupied in the balcony just above the west door, it was moved to a new balcony in the south transept in 1888 and has two manuals and pedal board, consisting of nineteen speaking stops.  The action is tracker.

The organ's tone compliments the abbey perfectly whether as a solo instrument, accompanying congregational hymn singing or the abbey choir.

For more information click on the link underneath the photograph of the organ case.

 

                                    Organ information